Are you being short-changed on your holiday?
You should be given an additional day’s holiday this year if:
- Your holiday allowance runs from 1st April 2018 until 31st March 2019
- Your employment contract states you receive 20 days entitlement plus Bank Holidays
- You work a 5 days a week
Because there are only 7 Bank Holidays between 1st April 2018 and 31st March 2019
- Easter Monday 2nd April
- Early Bank Holiday 7th May
- Spring Bank Holiday 28th May
- August Bank Holiday 27th August
- Christmas Day 25th December
- Boxing Day 26th December
- New Year’s Day 1st January
What happened to Good Friday?
During the holiday year 1st April 2018 to 31st March 2019 employees will not have been given Good Friday as a Bank Holiday
If you give employees who work 5 days a week less than 28 day’s annual you would be in breach of contract and in breach of the Working Time Regulations 1998.
Hope this helps clear up any confusion…………… Don’t worry you won’t have to worry about this again until 2024 🙂